"To lead our City’s innovative emergency management efforts to prepare for, respond to,
and recover from all disasters"
"To make Los Angeles the most prepared and resilient city in America."
- Foster a culture of preparedness in all our communities and neighborhoods
- Advance EMD’s leadership role in Citywide coordination, planning, mitigation, response, and recovery
- Enhance Emergency Operations Center readiness
- Strengthen public and private partnerships
- Innovate and expand EMD’s capacity to communicate with the public during emergencies
[From the LA City Emergency Management Department "Strategic Plan, 2019-2022"]