Mission Statement"To lead our City’s innovative emergency management efforts to prepare for, respond to,
and recover from all disasters"
Vision Statement"To make Los Angeles the most prepared and resilient city in America."
- Foster a culture of preparedness in all our communities and neighborhoods
- Advance EMD’s leadership role in Citywide coordination, planning, mitigation, response, and recovery
- Enhance Emergency Operations Center readiness
- Strengthen public and private partnerships
- Innovate and expand EMD’s capacity to communicate with the public during emergencies
[From the LA City Emergency Management Department "Strategic Plan, 2019-2022"]