Skip to main content

Recovery Assistance

Posted on 02/08/2024
Return to Storm Recovery Assistance


Replace lost or destroyed paperwork.

» LA County Clerk (Registrar/Recorder) «

Request copies of property records and other recorded vital documents lost or damaged during a disaster.  

Visit Website                         Call: 1-800-201-8999

» Department of Motor Vehicles «

The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can respond to questions and provide forms that help owners replace lost or destroyed DMV documents: driver licenses, identification cards, certificates of title, etc. 

Visit Website                         Call: 1-800-777-0133

» Franchise Tax Board «

Assistance with submitting application to retrieve prior year’s state tax returns, pending tax related questions, and how to file disaster losses under personal/business returns

Visit Website                         Call: 1-800-338-0505

» Social Security Administration «

Replace lost or damaged social security cards.   

Visit Website                         Call: 1-800-772-1213

» (Online Federal Services) «

Replace lost or destroyed passports. 

Visit Website                           Call: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: Disaster service providers are listed above for informational purposes only and offered in good faith. LA City ("City") makes no representation, promise, or warranty -- express or implied -- regarding their accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, or availability. All references are for public convenience and do not constitute endorsement or recommendation. The City is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of services provided by organizations not a part of the City.

Return to:Storm Recovery Assistance